Thursday, March 17, 2011

DC will get all of Walter Reed's Georgia Avenue frontage

Mayor Gray just held a press conference to make the official announcement, and though I couldn't be there, I did the next best thing: I compiled tweets from journalists who attended! Figured this was as good a time as any to introduce The Brightwoodian to the world of Storify. Thanks to Lydia DePillis and Jonathan O'Connell for (unwittingly) being my guinea pigs.

And, since this major change will mostly render the planning process that we went through last spring moot, I suppose we'll have a whole new series of community meetings to look forward to. According to WBJ: "Victor Hoskins, deputy mayor for planning and economic development, said DMPED will reengage the community 'to get their input on the new opportunities presented with the boundary shift.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment