Thursday, February 24, 2011

Takoma listserv, never failing to entertain

Thread topic: "Strange canine type creature in my backyard."

Tk resident 1: "I just saw a mottled grey and brown, very skinny, short haired animal in my yard...It had a long bare tail with white hair at the very end. Looked like a cross between a chihuahua and a whippet. Was very skittish and ran away as soon as I came out the door. About 18" tall and longer."

Tk resident 2: "Could it be a possum?"

Tk resident 3: "Sounds like a skinny fox or a coyote?"

Tk resident 4: "I saw it the other day!"

Tk resident 5: "A chupacabras, perhaps?"

I'm voting for the chupacabras. Since it's obviously too small to be a Yeti or Sasquatch.



Beware the Takoma Chupacabra!


UPDATE! Latest (and most plausible) explanation is that it's a fox with mange. Animal control has been alerted. As much as I was hoping that it was indeed an odd, cryptozoological creature, I'm afraid that theory's been debunked.

No comments:

Post a Comment