Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Research your house's history with the DCPL's Washingtoniana Division, tonight @ Takoma Library

Tonight at the Takoma Libary, the DC Public Library's Washingtoniana Division staff will be on hand to help you research the history of your DC home.

When: Tuesday, November 29, 7pm
Where: Takoma Park Neighborhood Library, 416 Cedar Street NW

I already know a little bit about my home's history. From the 1930s through the 60s, it was occupied by a man who published Jelly Roll Morton's music; when Morton lived in the District, he would occasionally take the streetcar up from U Street to hang out at my house. Alan Lomax has set foot in my house as well, a fact that pretty much blew me away when I found out about it. Moral of the story: it's worth researching your house's history, because the information you find could surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment